Coupons have become a valued asset in my home for a couple of months. I currently have a nice stock pile with most of the staples needed for basic living. But we all know couponing isn't for everyone. I have people tell me that "they don't have the time to do it" or "I just don't like shopping like that". Well, I'm totally opposite.
I love to shop: from shoes to paper towels. I shop for it all and do it with a smile on my face. It actually relaxes me. Yeah, I know "how could spending money actually relax you". It's really simple: Common Cents
Well, those inserts that come in the Sunday paper, Birmingham Extra, online or in stores are the reason. They are called COUPONS! I use them for everything. It is very rare that I buy something without using a coupon. I almost feel that I am being cheated if I don't use a coupon.
I know it is kind of cliche for me to say "I cut my spending in half by using coupons" but it does happen that way. I don't have a house full of products I don't use like some of the Extreme Couponers out there. I do have an influx of things I use and paid little or nothing for them also. I bet you are wondering how I did it, Huh?!?!
The main thing in couponing & saving is being ORGANIZED. If you are not an Type A personality this probably would not be good for you. Most couponers have a Type A personality, are very detailed & overly organized. That would be me. I don't spend 40 hours a week doing this because I work a full-time job, I'm a mother and a wife. But I spend enough time couponing for the benefit it gives to my family. We have extra money to go on more vacations, participate in more activities & increase our family time(only when they want to help).
Couponing has worked for my family and our pockets. But like I said it isn't for everyone. My theory is just because I have money doesn't mean I want to spend every dime of it. So how much money would you like to keep in your pocket rather than left in the cash register at Target, Wal-Mart, Publix, Winn-Dixie or the mall? Don't worry the question was rhetorical but worth thinking about.
No comments:
Post a Comment